Whether you’re trying to put together the best bachelor party in recorded history, or you just want a memorable weekend with the boys, you have plenty of options for awesome guy trip ideas.
A great guy getaway is going to offer activities that the whole group can get on board with, and it will give you the chance to interact with your fellow guys in a (hopefully) really fun atmosphere.
This post may contain some affiliate links to products that I use and love. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Below is a list of 30 different guy getaway ideas, broken up into a few different types. A guy getaway is something that every group of buddies should be able to put together, regardless of budget.
First, let’s look at a handful of guy trip ideas for the “average” guy group. These are ideas that almost anyone can put together. These are ideal for guys who know they can bring the fun to the activity themselves, and they’re watching their budget a little more closely.
1. Go to an out-of-town game
Whether you just want the experience of a game in a different city, or you want to show your undying support while your local sports heroes are out on the road, an out-of-town game is a simple, straightforward guy trip with plenty of opportunity for fun. There are few experiences more memorable than being a staunch supporter of the visiting team.
Another guy getaway staple, camping can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it. What’s more manly than throwing a tent and a sleeping bag in a car with a cooler full of beer and food, and driving to a remote, “off-the-grid” location for a couple days? You’ll build fires, you’ll grill out, and you’ll get in touch with your more primitive side.
More of a “local getaway”, organizing a big paintball game is a surprisingly fun way to spend an afternoon with the guys. Think about it: everybody gets a “gun”, you get to build competing teams, and it’s all about the thrill of the hunt. It’s no wonder paintball has retained so much of its popularity.
This is one of the more flexible guy getaways you can put together. From a local public course to a well-known national course, trying your hand at swinging the clubs through 18 holes is always a good time. Want to find some really memorable courses? Head out to Pebble Beach in California, or skip over the Atlantic and take a once-in-a-lifetime trip to St. Andrews in Scotland.
5. A Concert
This is another great way to bond over a shared interest without going too far out of the way. Scour the Web for tickets to your favorite singer or band. To add a little extra excitement, find a big concert they’re doing in a different city and make a weekend out of sightseeing what the destination has to offer.
6. The Ballpark Tour
Baseball fan? Organize a road trip where you can watch games in the nation’s most famous ballparks. From Wrigley Field in Chicago to Fenway Park in Boston, some stadiums are almost more famous than the teams that they host. With a ballpark tour, you can soak in the history and fun that these venues have to offer. This isn’t limited to baseball fans, either: football fans can drive from Lambeau Field in Green Bay to Cowboys Stadium in Dallas and have a similar great getaway.
7. Ski Trip
Another staple of guy trip ideas, the ski trip can be fun for guys of all backgrounds and skill levels. Find a ski resort in your own state, or head out to more ski-centric locations, such as Aspen, Colorado. Rent a pair of skis and spend the weekend tackling the slopes together.
8. Fly Fishing
Landing a large-mouth bass is a classic guy experience. But if you don’t live in an area where fly fishing is generally popular (or even successful), organize a weekend trip to some of America’s best fishing locations, like the Florida Keys or the rivers of Oregon.
9. Take a Road Trip
Easily combined with any of the activities on this list, piling together in a car or van and hitting the open road could be one of the best decisions you ever make in your life. Even if you don’t have a destination in mind, just hop in the car and see where the road takes you for a few days or a week. Some of the most memorable experiences you can get are through the out-of-the-way, small town destinations all over America.
10. The Ante Up Cruise
What’s that? The casino weekend doesn’t sound exciting enough? What if you were doing it in the middle of the ocean? With Ante Up Cruises, you can join poker games of all levels while enjoying all the perks of a cruise, like all-you-can-eat food and other fun activities.
11. A Patagonia Jeep Tour
Head to some exciting South American destinations, like Chile or Argentina, while cruising through in your own jeep. With luxury accommodations and unprecedented access to some of the most beautiful surroundings and wildlife, a self-driven expedition is a great balance between organized fun and exciting spontaneity.
12. The Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series
This year located in Fort Worth, Texas, one really exciting activity would be to rent a boat and watch expert cliff divers do what they do best. Admission is free, and you could enjoy an experience like no other.
13. Drive a Tank
What is more appropriate for a group of testosterone-loaded guys than to drive a giant piece of machinery and crush cars and trucks effortlessly? You’ll traverse courses and fire guns in what is sure to be a getaway you’ll talk about for a long time.
14. Race Car Driving
Got the need for speed? Experience the thrill of a lifetime by getting behind the wheel of a NASCAR car and tearing through the Speedway. And if you want the most authentic drive you can get, the Richard Petty Experience has it for you.
15. Fitness Boot Camp
Whether this is a destination or just one in your hometown, sometimes the best guy getaway is one where men are tested to their limits. If you have a group of guys that enjoys getting a sweat going, consider a boot camp. You could combine it with a destination trip and spend the week on a tropical beach where you not only push your body, but also enjoy some R&R.
Few getaways would be as memorable as flying across the waves. With Real Watersports, you can learn to kitesurf off the coast of North Carolina. Soar like an eagle across the water with this combination of surfing, snowboarding, and kiting in one unforgettable experience.
17. Camp on a Volcano
Sure, you could spend a day climbing a volcano, but what guy getaway doesn’t want to take it to the next level? See inside the earth’s core by camping on a volcano, where you can listen to the lava at night and watch it pierce the darkness and light up the night sky.
18. Survivor Man
Sure, camping is great for a relaxing weekend, but don’t you want a challenge? Rally the guys together and learn crucial survival skills out in the wild. No watch, no phone, and no shelter. This is a survival school that will teach you how to empower yourself while out in nature alone.
19. Climb a Tree – A Big Tree
Redwoods are 1,500 years old, and some of the biggest trees in the world. Head on out to California and learn to climb these giants and then zipline across them for a one-of-a-kind view of Redwood Park.
20. Get Up Close and Personal with Blue Whales
Head down south to a preserve in Mexico where you can hop into a kayak and paddle out to spend time with hundreds of blue whales. Hanging out with the world’s largest mammal can be an incredible, life-changing experience.
21. Go On a Safari
Wondering what life was like before civilization? Is your group of guys interested in seeing the most primitive and natural of surroundings? Organizing a safari can be a highlight of your life. It may not be for the faint of heart (or wallet), but flying out to Kenya to experience three largely-untouched national parks and the wildlife within is something you’ll never forget.
22. A Different View of the Grand Canyon
Sure, you could drive to the Grand Canyon and take in the views, but you want this guy getaway to be different, don’t you? There are 300 miles of water in the Grand Canyon, and you could spend a couple weeks navigating them in an old-school wooden boat. You’ll feel the power of the Canyon and have a view of it that others only dream about.
23. Barbecue University
Not all once-in-a-lifetime experiences have to involve some element of danger. You could dial it down for your buddies without losing any of the fun by heading out to Barbecue University, where you can spend 3 days in Colorado Springs learning the art of grilling just about anything – and you can take that education home.
Now, of course, some guys prefer the open-ended, non-organized types of guy trip ideas. If you’d rather ditch the itinerary and just find some awesome places to enjoy on your own time, here are the all-out destinations that will offer something for everybody at your own pace:
24. Rent a Villa in Italy
Villa Cappelli sleeps up to 20 people and boasts 22,000+ square-foot common areas. Imagine spending a week with the guys just 7 miles from the Adriatic Sea, arranging wine tastings, cheese making, unguided tours, and indulging in all that Italy has to offer.
25. Spend a Week in Dublin
From shopping to cafes to great luxury, your guy getaway could be spent in the heart of Ireland. Spend some time seeing where Guinness beer is brewed, or sample the delicious whiskey at Old Jameson Distillery. Combine that with exciting nightlife and even some great golfing, and Ireland could be the perfect guy getaway.
26. Magic Falls, Maine
Few trips would be as exciting as a rafting trip in Maine. With multiple rivers and experienced trainers, a group of guys could have the time of their lives without having to cross any oceans.
27. A 5-Star Vacation in San Juan
There is a little something for everyone in San Juan, Puerto Rico. If you have a group of guys with varying interests, the wide variety of activities in San Juan could be the perfect fit. You could fly kites, cruise on a catamaran, surf the waves, go spelunking, or take in a beautiful national forest. And you could do it all together.
28. The Best Party of Your Lives
You’ve heard about Carnival, but now it’s your chance to experience it. Get the guys together in Rio and watch the world’s largest samba contest. Not content to just watch? Arrange a visit to a reputable samba school where you can learn the steps and still enjoy the beach.
29. The Biggest Trip You Could Take
Imagine coming home from a guy getaway knowing you did something nobody else you know has ever experienced. You could hike the 150-mile trail around Annapurna in the Himalayas of Nepal – without a guide. Do it like the locals, set your own schedule, and enjoy bonding time with the guys you wouldn’t get anywhere else. Learn how to plan the trip by picking up a copy of Trekking in the Annapurna Region by Bryn Thomas.
Whether you want something small and local or the best money can buy, a guy getaway is certain to be a fun, memorable time with your buddies. Spend a little time sifting through these guy trip ideas, and with a little creativity, you can have that experience you’ll never forget.
18. Sure, camping is a great way to spend a relaxing weekend, but don't you want a challenge? Bring the guys together and learn essential survival skills in the wilderness. There was no watch, phone, or shelter. This is a survival school where you will learn how to empower yourself while alone in nature.
19. Climb a Tree – A Big Tree Redwoods are 1,500 years old and among the world's largest trees. Travel to California to learn how to climb these colossal trees and then zipline across them for a one-of-a-kind view of Redwood Park.
20. Get Up Close and Personal with Blue Whales Travel south to a Mexican preserve where you can hop in a kayak and paddle out to spend time with hundreds of blue whales. Spending time with the world's largest mammal can be a life-changing experience.
21. Take a Safari Have you ever wondered what life was like before civilization? Do you want to see the most primitive and natural surroundings with your group of guys? Organizing a safari can be a life-changing experience. It's not for the faint of heart (or wallet), but flying out to Kenya to experience three largely untouched national parks and the wildlife that inhabits them is an experience you'll never forget.
22. A Different View of the Grand Canyon Sure, you could drive to the Grand Canyon and enjoy the views, but don't you want this guy getaway to be unique? The Grand Canyon has 300 miles of water, and you could spend a couple of weeks navigating it in an old-school wooden boat. You will feel the Canyon's power and have a view of it that others can only dream about.
23. Barbecue University Not all once-in-a-lifetime experiences have to be dangerous. You could tone it down for your buddies without losing any of the fun by going to Barbecue University, where you can spend three days in Colorado Springs learning the art of grilling just about anything – and then take that knowledge home with you.
Of course, some guys prefer the unstructured, unplanned types of guy trip ideas. If you'd rather skip the itinerary and just go somewhere awesome on your own time, here are some all-out destinations that will have something for everyone at your own pace: 24. Rent a Villa in Italy Villa Cappelli can accommodate up to 20 people and has 22,000+ square feet of common space. Imagine spending a week with the guys just 7 miles from the Adriatic Sea, planning wine tastings, cheese making, unguided tours, and enjoying everything Italy has to offer.
25. Spend a Week in Dublin Your guy getaway could be spent in the heart of Ireland, from shopping to cafes to great luxury. Spend some time touring the Guinness Brewery or tasting the delicious whiskey at Old Jameson Distillery. Combine that with an exciting nightlife and even some excellent golfing, and Ireland could be the ideal guy's getaway.
26. Magic Falls, Maine Few trips are as exciting as a Maine rafting trip. A group of guys could have the time of their lives without having to cross any oceans thanks to multiple rivers and experienced trainers.
27. A 5-Star Vacation in San Juan San Juan, Puerto Rico has something for everyone. If you have a group of guys with diverse interests, San Juan's diverse range of activities could be ideal. Fly kites, cruise on a catamaran, surf the waves, go spelunking, or hike through a beautiful national forest. And you could do it all at the same time.
28. The Best Party of Your Lives You've heard about Carnival, but now is your chance to go. Gather the guys in Rio to watch the world's largest samba competition. Not satisfied with simply watching? Make plans to visit a reputable samba school where you can learn the steps while still enjoying the beach.
29. The Biggest Trip You Could Take Imagine returning from a guy getaway knowing you did something that no one else you know has ever done. Without a guide, you could hike the 150-mile trail around Annapurna in Nepal's Himalayas. Set your own schedule and enjoy bonding time with the guys that you won't find anywhere else. Pick up a copy of Bryn Thomas' Trekking in the Annapurna Region to learn how to plan your trip.
A guy getaway, whether small and local or the best money can buy, is sure to be a fun, memorable time with your buddies. Spend some time sifting through these guy trip ideas, and with a little imagination, you can have the experience of a lifetime.
How to Get Your Mind Off Something: This book is about how to get your mind off something that is bothering you. If you are having a hard time getting your mind off something, these steps are for you. This book will help you get your mind off that thing that is bothering you. It can be about anything that is upsetting you. It can be about the way you look, or even what you are doing. The book will show you how to stop thinking about the things that are bothering you. It's good for people who are in high school or college, or even people who are adults. This book will show you how to get your mind off the things that are bothering you so you can relax. Read more.
You Are a Leader: In the world of business, management positions are extremely important. In these positions, you get to make decisions that impact the company. It's a big responsibility, but it takes a smart, open-minded person to succeed in this type of job. Take some time to answer these questions. Are you in touch with yourself? Do you possess the necessary qualities to be a good leader in your company? If so, you might be in for a promotion in the near future! Read more.
I Fail at Everything: Failure is a natural thing. Everybody has failed at something. It's a good thing. Failure gives you the opportunity to learn from your mistakes and improve as a person. Failure gives you a chance to try bigger and better things. So next time you fail, think of it as a learning experience and a stepping stone to success! Read more.
Oldest Sibling: This person is often the caregiver and the one who facilitates the transition from one stage to the next. They also tend to learn to organize things and get things done. This means that they get a head start when it comes to adulthood. The oldest child may be the one who goes to college and becomes an authority figure. Or perhaps, they get married and have children of their own. Their life revolves around stability and family. These people also tend to help the others in their family and to be involved in community outside their families. The oldest child often has a strong sense of responsibility and often holds the family together. Read more.
Why Life Suck: It's all about perspective. No matter how hard it can be, there's always something to be thankful for, even in the most trying of times. Try to find the benefits in all situations. A glass is half full, not half empty. Read more.
You have heard it all before: "Live life to the fullest", "follow your dreams", "be who you are" and "if it is meant to be, it will be". These are all wonderful quotes that are meant to help you live a happy life but they miss the point. Our lives are interconnected with each other and with the world.
No matter how hard you think you try, there’s always going to be a certain level of stress in your life. And when stress gets out of hand, it can start to negatively affect your life. But this doesn’t have to be the case. There are some easy steps you can take to improve your life in the long run, and we’ve found a few that can help you enjoy a better life and get rid of stress.