It's an exciting adventure to look for love. You get to meet new people, go on fun dates, and possibly, just possibly, meet the love of your life.
However, dating can be a huge pain, and there are times when the journey is more frustrating than enjoyable, especially as you get older. Instead of concentrating on having a good time, you're wondering why you can't seem to find Mr. or Ms. Right.
This post may contain some affiliate links to products that I use and love. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
To have a successful relationship, you must be willing to put in the effort. But what should you do if you find yourself losing faith in love?
Don't let your desire for love fade! Here are six reasons why you should not abandon love.
1. Love Is a Teacher
Another failed relationship can be an exasperating, heartbreaking, and depressing experience. But keep in mind that timing is everything. Just because that love has ended does not mean that love has ended for you.
- Rather than viewing failed relationships as a waste of time, make a list of everything you learned from them.
- Perhaps you learned how to express your emotions and be vulnerable in front of others, and perhaps you learned that appearances aren't everything.
- If you were in a toxic relationship, you may have discovered that you are stronger than you believe.
- Perhaps you discovered what you don't want and will not tolerate in future relationships.
- Whatever the case may be, cherish the lessons that love teaches you.
2. You Have the Opportunity to Advance
Your single years are all about discovering who you are and growing from each experience.
If getting married is your ultimate goal, why not use this time to grow and develop skills and traits that will make you a great husband or wife?
As an example:
- Do you know how to cook?
- Have you got a job?
- Can you manage your money well?
- Do you own a home or an apartment?
- Are you a patient person?
- Do you know how to effectively express your emotions?
- Do you have a tendency to be self-centered?
These are preferable to simply giving up on love. Now is the time to do some self-discovery and figure out who you want to be for yourself, your friends, family, and future partner.
3. It's Your Turn Now
When you are single, there is no better time to be a little selfish with your pursuits, energy, and focus. Now is the time to take steps toward your dream job, travel, and focus on your social life.
- Of course, you can still do these things if you're in a relationship, but love can be limiting.
- It's undeniably worthwhile, but you can't travel the world for months on end while helping your partner pay a mortgage or raising a family. You can't do it as easily as you can when you're single.
- Friendships are also essential. These are the people who have stood by you in every good and bad decision you've ever made. When your relationships ended and your dates turned out to be duds, they were your shoulder to cry on.
- Use this time to focus on yourself and discover who you are when you are not a part of a “We.”
- Not only will this be beneficial to your mental health and personal development, but your self-assurance will be extremely appealing to your future partner.
4. You Are Deserving of More Than a Compromise
If you want to find true love, you must be willing to wait for your ideal partner rather than settling! When you wait to find the right person for you, you ensure that your personalities will complement each other.
Finding true love entails:
- Spending quality time with one another
- Learning how to communicate
- Sharing similar goals and beliefs (though, as the saying goes, opposites attract!)
- Finding true love entails meeting someone you are attracted to, who makes you laugh, and who respects you.
Why settle if you haven't found it yet? Don't give up on love just yet; you deserve the best relationship possible. Why not wait a little longer if it means finding someone who checks all the boxes on your list?
5. Worthwhile endeavors are rarely simple
- Consider this. The best things in life are always difficult; they make you feel accomplished, proud of yourself, and inspired to do better.
- Getting a degree, running with endurance, getting in shape/losing weight, breaking a bad habit, learning something new like scuba diving or another language…
- All of these things take time to complete, but you feel so accomplished once you've completed the challenge.
- The same can be said about finding the right partner. It takes courage to decide to wait for someone who fulfills you rather than dating the first person who asks for everything because you're lonely.
- Breaking up with someone you love but who is ultimately bad for you takes guts. Being patient takes effort. You'll be glad you did, though.
- 6. It Only Takes One
I recall telling my mother that I was lonely. It's agonizingly lonely. And do you want to know what she said to me?
“All it takes is one.”
- These magical words could not be more accurate.
- Your date last Friday was terrible, and you'll never see him again, but you know what?
- The next guy in line could be the one. That next date could be the one where you feel chemistry like you've never felt before. It only takes one person to steal your heart and turn your world upside down.
- Consider this. You could meet the love of your life in a week and spend the rest of your life with them. If that happens, wouldn't you rather look back on your single days and remember how happy you were? That you had a good time alone?
- Your single years may seem insignificant in comparison to the years you'll spend with your husband or wife. So have fun with it. Don't give up on love; it only takes one.
Finding love isn't always simple. It can be discouraging at times, and it may even feel like a full-time job – but don't give up!
The key to finding love is resilience. Enjoy the journey, focus on self-care and personal growth, and soak in the lessons that each relationship and new date has to offer.
Nothing to Put on Resume: Nothing to put on resume is the worst feeling in the world. Whether you are looking for a job, creating a resume, or are simply searching for ways to improve yourself, it's important to remember that you are not the only person who has felt this way. The reason why this feeling is so strong is because it seems like you are alone in the situation. It is something that is incredibly difficult to explain to others because it's all up to you, your experiences, and yourself. This is why it's important to connect with others that are going through the same thing. It may be difficult to find people in the same situation, but the process will be worth it in the end when you realize how much you can accomplish when you put your mind to it. Read more.
Life Is Pain: Life isn't always easy. It's hard to go places, to talk to new people, even to do things you've done many times before. It's easy to get distracted, especially when the Internet is involved. But you have to do your best, even if it's hard. You have to push through all of the distractions, all of the setbacks, all of the difficulties to get to where you want to be. It's not always pretty, but that's life. It's not always easy, but that's life. So just keep pushing forward, even when it seems impossible. Read more.
Is Crying a Sign of Weakness: There are two types of crying: emotional and physical. When people cry because they're sad or hurt, that is emotional crying. It is a sign of weakness if a man cries, because men are expected to be tough and not be sensitive. On the other hand, there is also a kind of crying that is a sign of strength, that being from an illness or disease being too much for a person to bear. In this instance a man can cry and it will be a sign of his strength. But, if a man cries from a sad story or a romantic movie, he is being a baby and it is a sign of weakness. If a man is going through a tough time in his life, being strong and not crying is a sign of strength, not weakness. Read more.
Avoiding Drama: Drama is usually not a good thing. Most people would agree that it is a negative thing that affects a person's life. However, a type of drama that refers to a set of tactics can be seen as a positive thing if used correctly. Using drama to get a message across, motivate a group of people, or influence a person's choice is a very powerful tool. In this article, we will discuss how to use drama as a positive force for good! Read more.
Beating Myself Up: When I look at my life choices, I beat myself up. I should have gone to school, right? I should have gotten a job, right? The only problem is I don't know what I want to do with my life. I don't know what job to take or what school to go to. I just feel like I'm stuck. I feel like everyone's life is better than mine and I'm just stuck. I feel like everyone's life has better choices. I feel like every choice I've made in my life has been wrong. I just feel like I'm a failure. Read more.
You have heard it all before: "Live life to the fullest", "follow your dreams", "be who you are" and "if it is meant to be, it will be". These are all wonderful quotes that are meant to help you live a happy life but they miss the point. Our lives are interconnected with each other and with the world.
No matter how hard you think you try, there’s always going to be a certain level of stress in your life. And when stress gets out of hand, it can start to negatively affect your life. But this doesn’t have to be the case. There are some easy steps you can take to improve your life in the long run, and we’ve found a few that can help you enjoy a better life and get rid of stress.