Self-care is an important aspect of modern life that is frequently overlooked. Take some time for yourself and try out these 40 techniques for rejuvenation and restoration.
Make time in the morning and evening for divine self-care rituals. Exercising, meditating, reading, writing, looking at your vision board, or saying affirmations are all examples of rituals.
This post may contain some affiliate links to products that I use and love. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Engage the services of a wellness coach. A wellness coach will assist you in bringing out the best in yourself and ensuring that you are taking care of yourself, living according to your values, and being properly nourished in all areas of your life.
Plan and take 2-3 days off per week.
Set aside 5-10 minutes each day to practice daily prayer and gratitude.
Make time for lunch and meal breaks, which should include breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Turn off the technology, don't try to multitask, and just enjoy your meal.
Clear out your home, office, and car. Anything that does not make your life easier or more beautiful should be discarded.
Weekly extreme self-care is a non-negotiable. Make a list of your favorite self-care practices and check them off as you finish them throughout the week.
- Make a spa appointment once a week to enjoy a spa treatment (facial, manicure, or pedicure).
- Once a month, have your hair blow-dried at a salon.
- From time to time, I will arrive at work late.
- On occasion, finish work early.
At the end of each day, keep a journal. Share your day's thoughts and feelings. Write in your journal as if you were talking to your best friend—let it all out.
- Practice meditation and/or yoga on a daily basis.
- Make yourself a delicious homemade lunch the night before.
- Once a week, plan a lunch date with a friend.
- Once a week, arrange a Skype coffee date with a friend.
- Take the time to plan your life exactly how you want it.
- Find an exercise you enjoy and do it several times per week.
- Surround yourself with people who are encouraging and growing.
- Say “no” to even more things.
Every week, do something that scares you. Challenge and grow yourself—you'll feel better about yourself and your confidence will skyrocket.
Take some time each evening to reflect on the day—what worked, what didn't, and what you'll do differently the next time.
- Every day, drink plenty of water.
- Alkalize your diet by including green juices and vegetables.
- Every night, turn off your computer and phone by a specific time. There will be no peeking!
- Sleep in a completely dark room.
- Begin your day with a glass of warm water and a slice of lemon.
- Make a list of enjoyable and exciting activities. Commit to doing 2-3 activities every weekend.
- Make time for self-care at the start of each week. Make a commitment to your schedule.
- Schedule two-week or month-long vacations throughout the year just for fun.
- Set aside days in your calendar month to do nothing.
- Allow for a buffer time (30 minutes to 1 hour) in your schedule to avoid rushing from one thing to the next.
- Remove tasks that sap your energy (delegate or delete them).
Don't respond to emails right away; instead, take your time with those that require a proper response. Consider them carefully.
Concentrate on success in all aspects of your life, not just your business or career. When was the last time you prioritized fun, health, romance with your partner, friends, or spiritual growth?
- Take some time each evening to reflect on and plan for the next day.
- Take yourself to the park to enjoy some fresh air while reading an amazing book.
- After accomplishing something amazing, treat yourself to something amazing.
- Maintain a clean home—no dishes, clean clothes, a clean living area, and so on. Hire a cleaner if necessary.
Get caught up on tasks that you've put on the back burner. These can include paying your taxes, going to the dentist, getting a physical, and so on.
What Is the Point of Life: There is no point in life, at least that we know of. No one really knows why we're here, what our purpose is. We're all just specks in the universe, floating around in space, when we're not floating in the ocean. Life is simply a series of events and experiences and we only get one chance to live. What you choose to do is up to you. You can live for yourself and satisfy your own desires and wants, or you can live for others, for a cause, for a purpose, to help others and to help the world. There are no wrong ways to live your life, but it's up to you to choose what you want to do and how you want to live. So live your life the way you want to live it. Read more.
Promise Oneself: Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Promise yourself to talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet. Promise yourself to make all your works and acts and thoughts beautiful in your own eyes. Promise yourself to live your life with the help and guidance of your Inner Voice. Promise yourself to let no one knowingly interfere with your Happiness. Read more.
40 Is the New 30: As you get older, it's hard to imagine settling down and having a family. But if you think about it, you'll see that 40 is the new 30! When I was in my 20s, I was a lot more anxious about life. I might have been in a relationship, but I always felt a sense of dread. Perhaps I had bigger dreams or expectations. Perhaps I had bigger fears. Whatever the reasons were, I kicked myself for not following through with opportunities sooner. As I got older I realized 40 was the new 30. It's time to live life to the fullest! Read more.
I've Lost My Mojo: You have lost your mojo. You don't feel the same energy and creativity you used to have. People tell you to just "write a blog post!" but you know that's not going to fix your mojo problem. You've been feeling this way for a while now and you just can't seem to get out of this slump. You have tried to make up excuses like "maybe you've just written too much" or "maybe you're burnt out from writing every day". It's not easy, but I think I should share with you what I've done to get my mojo back. Read more.
When Your Relationship Is Falling Apart: If you're tired of constant fighting and want to preserve your relationship, start by avoiding these 5 common relationship mistakes: 1. You or your partner are too passive 2. You or your partner are too emotional 3. You or your partner don't make time for each other 4. You or your partner over commit yourselves 5. You or your partner aren't able to communicate your wants and needs. Read more.
You have heard it all before: "Live life to the fullest", "follow your dreams", "be who you are" and "if it is meant to be, it will be". These are all wonderful quotes that are meant to help you live a happy life but they miss the point. Our lives are interconnected with each other and with the world.
No matter how hard you think you try, there’s always going to be a certain level of stress in your life. And when stress gets out of hand, it can start to negatively affect your life. But this doesn’t have to be the case. There are some easy steps you can take to improve your life in the long run, and we’ve found a few that can help you enjoy a better life and get rid of stress.